Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Goodbye Kathmandu

Nigma gave us a tour of the local organic farm, listened to the cukoo birds and enjoyed the perfect dal baht of the entire trip in his home, before departing to the uniquely chaotic Kathmandu airport, where we pleaded, cajoled, begged, and bribed to get our excess luggage on the plane. Of course I had to leave the ever resourceful and open minded Tom Taylor behind, Nigma gave me yet another farewell scarf and a Buddhist trophy emblem framed good luck charm, I was very sad to say goodbye, but glad to back in those carefully curated airports. I had to put up a huge argument once again in Delhi airport, where the international transfers are interminable, same people as last, at least a dozen, calmly smiling as I raved on about getting me out of there. I was not really mad, it is like arguing with Shiva.













No comments:

Post a Comment