Monday, October 31, 2016

Kongde Day 3

For breakfast we had Sherpa stew, which was rice with some leaves in it. It was a sunny morning with stunning views of the mountains.  We set off up the big valley, a long valley, toward some mystical looking waterfalls in the distance.  Soon we were back in the clouds. At the end of the valley we dropped off some stuff with Nima  who was not going to do any more hiking up.  He set up an intermediate camp under a huge overhanging rock.







 Dano said, we will need to leave at 4:00 AM tomorrow, to make up for lost time, wake up at 3:00.  That was fine with me since I am awake by that time anyway trying to figure out a way to inflate a pad while sleeping on it. s only view of the mountains that evening


 tent time









Nima loaned me a pair of fleece gloves before we left him. I bought a pair of gloves in Kathmandu that had the remarkable property of making your hands colder! Tonight I put a liner inside my liner, the long white special thermal base layer, the heavy weight thermal base layer, thick socks and a water bottle filled with boiling water. Very cozy. I do not know what Dano was eating in the other tent, he was there with Pimba, but I had a nice freeze dried dinner. Just before the dark, the clouds parted and I had a glimpse of some very large mountains close by.

No comments:

Post a Comment