Saturday, November 25, 2017

lost Nepal



 Six years training and preparing to climb that mountain.  After I returned all I could dream about, when I could sleep, was climbing up the mountain, to camp 3, to another camp on another dream mountain, walking alone on the Cambrian ocean floor, living in a tent, walking over the bridges into the Khumbu, alone, sometimes with friends or a Sherpa guide.   In the airport in Kathmandu I was reading the pages of the book of Mosiah that I carried up the mountain, in the airport, sitting next to a young monk on his way to Bangalore.  He was pleased to know that I knew he was from Bouda.  He seemed curious about what I was reading so now, a young monk on the way to Bangalore has the Book of Mosiah. How can  I explain all of this, from meeting Chris in Las Vegas in the shadow of the black pyramid to meeting Chris again in Las Vegas six years later? 

















No comments:

Post a Comment