Monday, August 5, 2013

Driving to Milan


 
Saturday, I went over the local crag, set up a rope, did a few climbs, packed the Peugeot, and decided to take the slow road back to Milan.  I stopped at every village, got out walked around for an hour, read my book, then drove for a little longer.  It took all afternoon and was very interesting.  But, when I got to the airport, since my flight was not until the next morning, I could not check in, so was forced to take my large bags to the adjoining Sheraton, ate a pizza, and prepared for the wonderful 9 hour and 5 hour flight back to Utah.  



 police car in St Vincent?!











olive tree, outside the church









 Ivrea rooftops


Ivrea graffiti

 ancient stone stairs

 Malpensa airport art installation










and the mostly vacant airport (left) and JFK (right), so happy, everyone spoke English

1 comment:

  1. Wow, sounds like a fun trip. Did the people speak german? I could've translated for you!

    ReplyDelete