Monday, August 5, 2013

And down



 
I made it to my tent around 12:30, cooked a freeze dried lunch I had left there, and packed up the big pack.  It was huge.   I knew I had to carry it all the way down.  I was trying to fortify my mind. I went over to the “hut” ristorante, to look at the poster of the climb, when I ran into the man who drove me up the mountain!  He remembered me, I guess there are not that many solo climbers carrying 80lb packs from the USA. I asked him, if he would drive  the pack down, and for how much.  He said, through the waitress interpreter, "I brought you up, I will bring you and the pack down for nothing."  A miracle!  I sat down next to the young Czech climbers I met the first day in the village, they were on their way down, and spoke some pretty good English.  I left to put my pack in the jeep, and came back to find out they had paid for the hot chocolate!  I was so happy I decided to walk down to the village, and without a pack a could almost fly.    It was Friday. 

I went back to camp Glair walked around the village town eating pizza and gelato.




 Czech climbers.



mountain flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment